I just read Sam: A mother's journey of faith and it encouraged me so much in my own personal walk with God. It made me want to cry several times, so I only managed a chapter at a time. What I felt was immensely powerful about the book is that I could see how God has been there all along and that He is fully in control.
Mrs Chan's trust in the Lord strengthens my own faith, which I must confess fluctuates with the ravages of life. There were times in my own life when I dont really know if He's there or that He even cares. I could count those times as one of the loneliest days of my life.
It is timely to be reminded of God's faithfulness in life's journey. Like an untrusting child, I have the tendency to bail out when the going get's rough, to take matters into my own hands. It is my prayer that the Lord will strengthen me with resolve and obedience to Him alone. I want to hear less of my own voice and listen more to Him that has my interest at heart.
I just want to express my heartfelt thanks to Mrs Chan, Sam and Russel who through their faith and obedience to God, have encouraged so many in their faith journey; and to God who, through His sovereign plan, has enabled this book to be written so that countless others can share the blessing.
Monday, September 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment